Metal Additive Manufacturing education with Autodesk Customer Success
by on 01/16/2018•
Additive Manufacturing (AM) is one of the most disruptive and challenging opportunities currently facing the Manufacturing industry. AM has the unique ability to allow us to re-imagine our design and production process through the ability to create competitive separation through increased product performance, enhanced supply chain, and implementing mass customization. The disruption is also well documented:
- Wohler’s report states that the Additive Manufacturing industry is expected to quadruple in the next 2 years, reaching $21 Billion in total by 2020
- According to McKinsey, the Additive Manufacturing industry will experience 35-94x growth by 2025
Outside of Additive Manufacturing’s benefits, another reason for its growth is accessibility. Originally thought of as only viable to Advanced Manufacturers, AM is poised to influence every segment of Enterprise Manufacturing including not just Aerospace and Automotive, but also Consumer Products, Industrial Machinery, and Heavy Equipment.
Due to the advantages and accessibility, all manufacturers should have priorities in either investigating Additive Manufacturing or perfecting current processes.
For all the benefits that Additive Manufacturing can bring, the challenges are also very real in implementing. “AM innovations in materials and technologies demand new skills and capabilities both technical and managerial. Yet many of these innovations have outpaced the ability of the broader manufacturing workforce to adapt: 9 out of 10 manufacturers are struggling to find the skilled workers needed,” according to Deloitte Insights’ Additive Manufacturing and the future of the workforce. For Metals Additive Manufacturing specifically, a process can require highly specialized skills in Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM), Generative Design, hardware specific knowledge, subtractive finishing processes, and new quality techniques.
With that in mind, a key goal for Autodesk Customer Success will be helping Enterprise Priority customers address the Additive Manufacturing Knowledge Gap.
One of these solutions will be through inviting you to join us in Hands-on Experiences with Metal AM.
These Hands-on Experiences will be two-day educational walkthroughs of the unique design and production process in Metal Additive Manufacturing.
- In Day 1, we will start by introducing the Additive Manufacturing industry and benefits. We will then cover the entire Additive Manufacturing software process from Generative and Lattice design to Build Preparation to Simulation. We will then connect the Additive process with Subtractive and Inspection workflows.
- In Day 2, we will get hands-on with hardware in all of these processes, specifically with Renishaw’s Powder Bed Fusion printer.
- This event will be perfect for you at any level of Additive Manufacturing readiness. If you are new to Additive Manufacturing, these events will give you a rare look into the set of process considerations you will be investigating.
- If you are already utilizing Additive Manufacturing, you will be able to identify steps in your workflow that you can optimize.
Currently we have two events scheduled, including Toronto April 24-25 and Chicago May 15-16. We plan on hosting additional events in EMEA and APAC.
Please email email@example.com to reserve your space in one of these events, or suggest a different location, as part of your Enterprise Business Agreement.